Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Garden - January 2015

Since my recent and new found love of all things garden, I've become slightly obsessed with our garden beds.  Whilst I'm still a long way off becoming knowledgeable about plants, I'm thoroughly enjoying planning the garden beds, removing plants which have simply been left there due to having been planted by the previous owner and planting a few new plants. 

I hope to take more photos of the garden as the months and years go by thereby documenting it's growth.

The pittosporum garden bed - the plants to the right having now reached hedging height.  The aim of this garden bed is to give us (and the neighbours) privacy.  We plan to remove the griselinia plant in the middle and replace it with a few more pittosporum.



The newly (today!) transplanted lillies of some sort - I've transplanted them from the end of this garden bed where they have been happily procreating....  Although they are all but flat at the moment, I'm expecting with a bit of time and water they will begin to flourish.  Also, to the left of this picture is the little brown boronia planted yesterday.  I hope to photograph it later this year, big and flourishing....



The lovely brown tussocks which thrive no matter what

The centre garden bed - still to be given some tender love and care

Centre garden bed

My beautiful flowering plant (the name of which I have no idea!).  This is the first year it has flowered so profusely.





No comments:

Post a Comment